A department of Catholic Social Services since 1988, the Center for Childeren & Youth Services has provided comprehensive outpatient mental health counseling services for many children. The Center for Children and Youth Services is marked with professional excellence, a knowledgeable staff, effective programming, confidential relationships, and nondenominational services.
Catholic Social Services believes that it is a professional privilege to continually strive for excellence. Counseling should respond to the unique strengths and weaknesses of each family and individual. It promotes growth, insight and autonomy within the constraints of the person’s needs and abilities.Professional Counseling can help individuals to change ideas, behaviors and/or relationships that are painful or destructive and help promote a positive mental, spiritual, physical and emotional well-being.
The Center for Children and Youth Services’ staff works with each child or family member to design an effective therapy plan to achieve positive changes.
Mental Health Services Include:
- Community Seminars
- Counseling for individuals, families and/or groups
- Counseling specialists for children and adolescents.
- Pregnancy Testing
- Foster Care case management
- Group Therapy with focus on divorce adjustment, parenting skills, independent living skills, ADD/ADHD, sexual abuse survivors and perpetrators, and personal growth
- Parent/teacher consultation
- Program and personnel development for organizations and industry.
- Specialized pregnancy and adoption counseling.
- Speakers bureau
- Play Therapy Services are available with therapist who have specialized training (one is certified, two are near certification) in this area.
- Directive and Nondirective Approach
- Art Therapy
- Sand Tray
- Puppet Play
- Play to promote Problem Solving Skills
- Filial Therapy
For your convenience, appointments are available weekdays, evenings and on some Saturdays.
The Center for Children and Youth Services provides prompt professional service at an affordable rate. Most major insurance providers reimburse for mental health services. The Center for Children and Youth Services is approved by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan as a Selected Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic. Our staff will assist in determining insurance coverage and with the billing process.VISA and MASTERCARD charges are accepted. Sliding scale fees are available.For Further Information:Phone: (810) 987-9100Fax: (810) 987-9105
All clinicians have a degree and are licensed and registered to practice psychotherapy in the State of Michigan. Our play therapists have received certificaton and credentialling by the Association of Play Therapy. Clinicians are directly supervised by a Board certified psychiatrist and clinical psychologist.
State Of Michigan Department of Human Services
Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, Inc.
United Way of St. Clair County